Friday 4 March 2011

finished oil painting of a family allotment

 In a previous blog or two i went through the process of how i build a painting up from the drawing stage. Since that time i have painted the picture and it sits below. You may notice there are a few changes since the initial  drawing. I have taken out the landscape at the back as i preferred the zig zag of the rooftops.. I have also taken out the two children because I felt that they cluttered the composition and the eye was left wondering about in the middle.

I don’t often change my mind at the  last minute though for this painting it was the right decision. The cabbages were great fun to do. I was surprised how much purple and lilac they contain.
Click on the image to see it larger

liamofarrell.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment