Thursday 2 July 2009

the leaves are green?

I visited the Stanley Spencer Gallery the other week and like many artists I jammed my nose right up to the canvas to dissect the mysteries of technique and style.

I noticed flecks of sky blue on the top of the leaves. It was pure blue and fairly strong as well. I stood back and of course it worked perfectly.

With that in mind I decided (Pedanticly) to take a photograph of a bush and with the aid of Photoshop pick out the separate colours. Sure enough dear old Stanley was totally correct. Blue there was; pure blue and plenty of it. Obviously the leaf is taking the colour from the sky just as the sky is reflected in water. There was also a rather dark gray and fairly vibrant yellow. As for the greens; there were far too many to enumerate. I have highlighted a few.

Visit my site



liamofarrell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment